Organizations-Stinson Beach Volunteer Fire Dept/Ambulance Corps :

The Fire Department was the first organization established in Stinson Beach (1921) but it took until 1947 to find a permanent location for their equipment. When the Community Center was incorporated to receive a gift of land, their first project was to build (with volunteer labor) a firehouse with funds raised by July 4 carnivals. The firehouse was dedicated in 1949 and presently has over 31 volunteer firemen plus Fire Chief and Ambulance Corps Director. The Ambulance Corps was established in 1962, an outgrowth of the Progressive Club's Lifeguard Committee, and today is the only volunteer ambulance corps in the Bay Area.

Click Here to Start the Exhibit.

Organizations-Stinson Beach Volunteer Fire Dept/Ambulance Corps