People - Individuals and Families "D, E & F"

While we honor everybody in these photographs, we would like to draw particular attention to some historically significant figures in this exhibit. The Dunn/Casteldine/Reutinger family is memorialized in our history book, "Memories of Willow Camp." Captain Alfred Easkoot and his wife Amelia are most notable in our town history for setting up the first resort (tent camp) in 1871 and so establishing the "Resort Town" of Stinson Beach. See another resort builder family, Davis/Upton, under Upton. The DeCamp family played major roles in our town history: Lyman renamed our town "Stinson Beach" from Willow Camp; his two daughters, Louise and Alice, were our first and second post mistresses; and the family established many businesses, such as Algar's store and the hillside cottages. Elwood Frink owned Elwoods Bar; Harold Frick operated the Christmas Tree Ranch along the lagoon. Kirby Ferris opened the Live Water Surfshop; Oceanic Realtor's Al Engel is our town's benefactor in the building of the Clinic and Library. We have oral histories of Dorothy Eggers De Maria, Hugh Dougherty, George Epperson, Dr. George Flynn, Jim Fischer.

Click Here to Start the Exhibit.

People - Individuals and Families "D, E & F"