Organizations - Bolinas-Stinson Beach School District & Stinson Beach Preschool :

In 1917 Stinson Beach built its first one-room schoolhouse on land donated to the Village by Amos Stinson and two of his relatives. After a succession of teachers Mildred (Robertson) Sadler became its mainstay, remaining there for 41 years (1926-67). As the population grew after WWII, the school built an additional classroom and eventually added a portable. In 1960 the Bolinas-Stinson Unified School District was formed, dividing students between two campuses: K-4 in Stinson, grades 5-8 in Bolinas. The need for a permanent refurbished school in Stinson became a town focus and today we have the aesthetically pleasing school on the Lagoon, which was officially dedicated on January 11, 1981.

Click Here to Start the Exhibit.

Organizations - Bolinas-Stinson Beach School District & Stinson Beach Preschool