Organizations - Library Improvement Society :

The first library in Stinson Beach opened in 1936 in part of a building housing a real estate and insurance office. In 1943 the library was granted permission to move into a small building in the County Park but had to relocate in 1958 to the Sea Beach Hotel when the land was sold to the State Park Service. When the hotel was sold in 1967 the library moved to the Algar building on Shoreline Highway where it remained until 1999. With the support of many individuals and groups in the community the library obtained its present state-of-the-art home adjacent to Village Green II, in a space previously occuplied by a 7-11.

Click Here to Start the Exhibit.

Organizations - Library Improvement Society