Library (Stinson Beach Branch of Marin County Free Library) :

The Stinson Beach Library has changed location many times. For many years the people of Stinson Beach had to go to Bolinas for their books, but in 1936 the Stinson Beach Branch opened in a section of a building occupied by a real estate/insurance office. A short time later it was moved to the rear of present-day Sand Dollar Restaurant and enjoyed a deck area with attractive fencing and flower garden. In 1943 the County Park gave permission to move the library to a cottage in the willows (see the photo) on Park property. When the State took over the County Park in May of 1958 the library was moved to the ground floor of the Sea Beach Hotel. In 1967 the hotel was sold and the library returned to the building down the street, now owned and occupied by Oceanic Realty. It stayed there until 1999 when, through the generous support of townspeople, it moved to its permanent location in the center of town on a site previously occupied by a 7-11 store. Th Stinson Beach Library is now a state of the art facility with wifi access and an outdoor seating area, and regularly hosts art exhibits, readings and other local gatherings in its Reading Room.

Click Here to Start the Exhibit.

Library (Stinson Beach Branch of Marin County Free Library)